Italian Hero Sandwich
A favorite deli classic, this Italian version of a 'hero' sandwich includes a tasty garlic-mustard sour cream dressing.
1 loaf French bread
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
8 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Provolone cheese
8 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Colby cheese
8 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Swiss cheese
9 slices bologna
1 medium tomato, sliced
12 slices cotto salami
1 red onion, sliced into rings
- Cut bread in half horizontally.
- Combine sour cream, mustard and garlic powder; spread on cut surfaces of bread.
- Place lettuce leaves on bottom half of bread. Layer on cheeses, bologna, tomato slices, salami and onion rings.
- Cover with top half of bread.
- Cut diagonally into 4 to 6 sandwiches.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.