Latin Lettuce Wraps with Salsa
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.
Roasted Tomato and Poblano Salsa:
8 plum tomatoes
Olive oil, to taste
2 poblano peppers
2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 white onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Kosher salt, to taste
1 pound Certified Angus Beef® ground beef
1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
2 cups cooked jasmine rice
2 limes, finely chopped zest; juice from one lime
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 heads Bibb lettuce, washed, separated and drained
- For Roasted Tomato and Poblano Salsa: Coat tomatoes in olive oil and roast in 400°F (205°C) oven until skins begin to blacken; remove skins, core and seed.
- Dry-roast poblanos until skins begin to blacken, place in paper bag to cool and remove skins and seeds.
- Dry-roast garlic until skin loosens and browns; remove skin.
- Slice onion into 1/4 inch pieces and grill until soft and slightly browned.
- In food processor fitted with cutting blade, lightly chop tomatoes, onions and garlic.
- Chop roasted poblanos by hand and stir into tomato mixture. Add 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro and season with salt.
- For Latin Lettuce Wraps: Season ground beef with adobo seasoning; brown beef and drain.
- Season cooked rice with finely chopped zest of two limes, juice of one lime and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro.
- Serve lettuce, rice, beef and salsa in separate dishes so guests can build their own wraps.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.