Mandarin Chicken Wraps
This recipe for Mandarin Chicken Wraps was submitted by Ruth Kendrick of Ogden, Utah.
1/2 cup lite soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut in thin strips
8 (11-inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups coleslaw mix, divided
1 medium onion, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 bunch chives
1 bunch fresh cilantro
Prepared Plum Sauce*
Prepared Sweet and Sour Sauce*
- In glass dish, mix together soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger. Add chicken, stirring to coat. Marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 300°F (150°C) oven for 15 minutes to warm.
- In large skillet, place oil over medium high heat. Remove chicken from marinade, drain and place in skillet; sprinkle with pepper flakes and garlic. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add onion, 1 cup of the coleslaw mix and red bell pepper. Continue stirring and cooking about 3 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink.
- On each tortilla, place remaining coleslaw mix in equal portions. Top with equal portions of chicken mixture. Roll tortilla, then slice diagonally through the center; tie with piece of chive.
- Arrange on bed of cilantro. Serve with Plum Sauce and Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Makes 8 servings.
*Available in the Asian food section of most supermarkets.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.