Mean Green Peanut Butter Sandwich
You can be sure your kids are gonna love this one!
1/3 ripe banana, cut into chunks
4 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
4 slices good quality pre-sliced whole wheat bread, toasted lightly
4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 ripe California kiwifruit, unpeeled and sliced into 8 rounds
- Place the banana pieces and cream cheese into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until they are just blended. Do not over-process. Alternately, you can mash the cream cheese and banana together until well blended.
- Spread the banana cream on one side of two pieces of bread.
- Spread the peanut butter on the remaining two slices of bread.
- Divide the sliced kiwi between the two bread slices with banana cream.
- Top with the peanut butter covered bread.
- Cut diagonally into halves then cut again to make four sandwich triangles.
Make 2 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy California Kiwifruit Commission.