Mediterranean Grilled Vegetable Sandwich
A Mediterranean-style grilled marinated veggie sandwich with crumbled feta cheese and a zippy herb-horseradish dressing.
1 cup Italian salad dressing
2 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
4 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
4 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
1 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
1 cup yellow squash, thinly sliced
1 cup eggplant, unpeeled, thinly sliced
4 (6 to 8-inch) baguettes
4 thin slices red onion
4 thin slices tomato
4 tablespoons Feta cheese, crumbled
- In shallow dish, combine all ingredients for marinade. Add zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant and onion. Marinate for about one hour.
- Remove vegetables from marinade, reserving two teaspoons for later use.
- In non-stick fry pan or wok, quickly stir-fry vegetables until tender-crisp.
- Split baguette and distribute vegetables evenly over bottom half; top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Drizzle reserved marinade over sandwich.
- Cover with baguette top and secure with toothpicks.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.