Mexican Turkey Quesadillas
Quick and easy quesadillas made with leftover turkey, salsa and cheese.
8 (8 to 10-inch) flour tortillas
1 cup finely chopped cooked Butterball® Turkey
1/2 cup prepared salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil, if pan-frying
Sour cream for accompaniment (optional)
Additional salsa for accompaniment (optional)
- Top half of four tortillas with a thin layer of turkey.
- Spoon equal amounts of the salsa, cheese, and cilantro evenly over all. Top with remaining tortillas to make 4 sandwiches.
- To Microwave: Place each quesadilla on a microwavable plate. Microwave on high about 1 minute, or until the cheese is melted and quesadilla is heated through. Repeat with each quesadilla.
- To Pan-fry: Place a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add olive oil. Tilt skillet to coat bottom. Carefully add the tortillas. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, pressing down on top with a spatula, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden
- Cut quesadillas into 4 wedges each. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa for dipping, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.