Mu Shu Steak and Apple Wraps
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
4 beef tri-tip steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon honey
3 cups tri-color coleslaw mix (with green cabbage, red cabbage and carrots)
1 Granny Smith apple
8 (8 to 10-inch) medium whole wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- Combine cinnamon and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Combine hoisin sauce and honey in large bowl.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt, if desired. Add steak slices, coleslaw mix and apple to hoisin mixture; toss to coat.
- Place equal amounts of beef mixture down center of each tortilla, leaving 1 1/2-inch border on right and left sides. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges; secure with wooden picks, if necessary.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 385; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 61mg; Total Carbs: 59g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 30g; Sodium: 658mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.