Open-Faced Pork Loin Sandwiches with Baby Swiss
Easy, open-faced pork loin sandwiches topped with baby Swiss cheese. Simply add a tossed green salad, season fruit and your favorite beverage for a complete meal.
1 (12-ounce) pork tenderloin
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 slices black bread, toasted
8 ounces thinly sliced smoked baby Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Season the meat with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place in a baking pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the meat registers 165°F (75°C). Cool and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- For each sandwich, spread one bread slice with mustard; top with one-fourth of the meat slices and one-fourth of the cheese slices.
- Broil the sandwiches until the cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.