Pacific Rim Wraps with Creamy Citrus Ginger Dressing
Sandwich wraps are perfect for a meal on the go. Everyone is sure to love the crunchy and tart filling tossed with an Asian-inspired creamy citrus ginger dressing.
2/3 cup (5 ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
5 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (6.5-ounce) package or 4 cups washed salad greens
3 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 to 3 boneless chicken breast halves)
1 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
1 cup fresh sugar snap pea pods, cut in half
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- For Dressing: Place evaporated milk, lemon juice, oil, sugar, ginger, salt and black pepper in small jar or resealable container; cover with lid. Shake well until blended. Makes 1 cup.
- For Salad: Combine salad greens, chicken, carrots, sugar snap peas, dried cranberries and almonds in large bowl. Add 2/3 cup dressing; toss until evenly coated.
- Place 1 cup salad mixture on each tortilla. Roll up tightly. Cut in half and serve along with remaining dressing, if desired. Or, wrap each in wax paper, foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate to eat later.
Makes 6 servings.
- Dressing can be made a day ahead and refrigerated. Shake well before using.
- Use pre-cooked grilled chicken strips to save time.
- Look for pre-packaged matchstick carrots in your local store’s produce section.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 350; Calories from Fat: 110; Total Fat: 12 g; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Cholesterol: 30 mg; Sodium: 560 mg; Carbohydrates: 47 g Dietary Fiber: 4 g; Sugars: 16 g; Protein: 15 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.