An easy, make-ahead party sandwich layered with turkey, ham, Swiss cheese and a creamy-style coleslaw and served in wedges.
3/4 pound deli creamy-style coleslaw
1/3 cup bottled salad dressing (Thousand Island, creamy Italian or creamy blue cheese.)
1 (approximately 8-inch) round loaf of bread, unsliced (French, Italian, rye or sourdough)
1/2 pound cooked turkey, thinly sliced
1/2 pound cooked ham, thinly slice
1/4 pound cheddar, Swiss or Muenster cheese, sliced
- Drain excess liquid from coleslaw; add 2 tablespoons bottled dressing to coleslaw, mixing well.
- Cut a thin slice from top of bread; spread cut surface of slice with some of the bottled dressing.
- Hollow out bread, leaving about 1/2-inch-thick bread shell.
- Line bread shell with lettuce; brush with remaining bottled dressing. Press turkey onto bottom; cover with half of coleslaw mixture. Repeat with ham, remaining coleslaw mixture and cheese. Garnish with lettuce; cover with top bread slice. Place 6 to 8 long wooden picks into sandwich to secure. Chill no longer than 4 to 6 hours before serving.
- To serve, cut between picks to form 6 to 8 wedge-shaped sandwiches.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.