Peachy Chicken Phyllo Pockets
This recipe is suitable for heart smart, low-fat and diabetic diets.
8 sheets phyllo pastry
2 peaches, pits removed, chopped
1 to 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (enough for 1 cup)
1/2 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add onions and ginger and sauté for 3 minutes Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine peaches, chicken, cucumber, yogurt, parsley and salt. Mix well. Add onions and ginger.
- Use 2 phyllo sheets per packet. To assemble, stack 2 sheets. Brush top lightly with butter. Place 1/4 of peach chicken mixture, about 2 inches from one corner of pastry. Fold pastry over filling, tuck in sides and continue folding to form a packet.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with butter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 375; Total Fat: 22g; Total Carbs: 21g; Protein: 25g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of B.C. Tree Fruits Limited.