Pesto Laced Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
This quick-marinated and grilled sandwich makes a satisfying weeknight supper.
1 pound pork loin cutlets*
1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 cup basil pesto, purchased or homemade
4 thin slices Fontina cheese
4 large sandwich buns or 8 slices Italian bread
- Place pork cutlets in shallow bowl or self-sealing bag; pour vinaigrette over; cover or seal bag and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill directly over fire, turning to brown evenly, for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pesto on each sandwich bun, or 1 tablespoon on each slice of bread. Place cutlets in buns, top with a slice of cheese. Serve.
Makes 4 servings.
*Cut boneless pork loin into 1/2-inch slices, place between two layers of plastic wrap and beat gently with a meat mallet to tenderize and flatten to about 1/4 inch in thickness. Alternatively, buy tenderized pork cutlets from the meat department in the supermarket.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.