All the makings of the classic Reuben sandwich neatly tucked inside pita bread.
6 pita bread rounds, halved
24 thin slices corned beef
12 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Swiss cheese
3/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
3/4 cup sauerkraut
2 tablespoons butter
- For each half, use 2 slices corned beef.
- Cut cheese slices in half and layer on corned beef.
- Spread each with 1 tablespoon dressing. Top with sauerkraut. Fold corned beef over cheese.
- Melt butter in large frying pan.
- Place Reuben fillings in melted butter. Cover and heat until warm.
- Place fillings into pita halves.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.