Pizza Hero Sandwich
Serve this sandwich for a quick meal before the big game or during halftime.
1 (16-ounce) prepared Italian bread shell or focaccia, sliced in half horizontally
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
4 ounces (about 24 slices) deli hard salami
4 (1/4-inch) green bell pepper rings
4 (1/4-inch) tomato slices
2 large red onion slices, separated into rings
6 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Stir together butter, Italian seasoning and garlic in small bowl. Spread mixture on 1 cut-side of bread shell. Layer with salami, green pepper, tomato, onion and cheese. Top with remaining half of bread shell.
- Wrap sandwich in aluminum foil. Place onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cut into 4 wedges. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.
Make-Ahead Tip: Assemble sandwiches as directed above up to 4 hours ahead. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) approximately 20 minutes before serving time. Place sandwiches onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.