Pork Au Jus Sandwiches
Au jus is the phrase that describes serving meat with its own natural juices. A simple recipe that creates delicious results. Don't forget to serve Au jus along side of the sandwiches. Serve with a crisp salad and roasted potatoes.
1 pound boneless pork roast
1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
16 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon butter
4 crusty French rolls, split
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Coat pork roast with the soup mix, place in a shallow pan and roast for 45 minutes, until meat thermometer inserted registers 155°F (approximately 65°C). Remove roast from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Scrape any pan drippings into a microwave-safe measuring cup; add water to measure 1/3 cup. Cover and micro-cook on HIGH for 20 to 30 seconds, until boiling.
- Place mushrooms in microwave-safe container, top with butter and cover with plastic wrap. Micro-cook on HIGH for 45 to 60 seconds until mushrooms are tender.
- Slice roast and place in rolls; spoon over mushrooms and some of the pan juices. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 449 calories Protein 29 grams Fat 26 grams Sodium 1253 milligrams Cholesterol 353 milligrams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.