Wow your family and guests with these tasty turkey burgers served on toasted French bread topped with delicious grilled ratatouille.
1 (16-ounce) package PERDUE® Fresh Lean Ground Turkey or Fresh Ground Chicken
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 clove small garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 slices French bread
1 small eggplant cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 zucchini cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
2 bell peppers cut into 1 1/2 inch-wide strips
2 medium onions, quartered
1/4 cup olive oil
1 minced large garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tomato, seeded and diced tomato
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat broiler or prepare grill, bringing coals to medium-hot (can hold hand over 3 to 4 minutes).
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except garlic, oil, bread and Ratatouille.
- Form into 4 or 5 burgers and broil or grill 4 to 8 minutes on each side until burgers are cooked through and spring back to the touch. If grilling, first brown burgers over hot center coals 1 to 2 minutes on each side, then move toward outside. Burgers are done when a meat thermometer inserted in the center reaches 170°F (76.6°C).
- Meanwhile, prepare Ratatouille: Place vegetables in large bowl and toss with oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and ground pepper to taste. Cook vegetables on grill alongside burgers 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Return vegetables to bowl and toss with tomato and basil or parsley.
- Combine garlic and oil; brush on bread and toast lightly.
- Serve burgers on bread and top with Ratatouille.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 439; Total Fat 9g; Saturated Fat 1g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 81mg; Sodium 576mg; Total Carbohydrate 54g; Dietary Fiber 9g; Sugars g; Protein 37g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Perdue Farms.