Savory Chicken Squares
A fast and tasty hot chicken sandwich for an easy busy day meal. Add a green salad and some fresh fruit to complete the meal.
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
2 cups cubed cooked chicken*
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon chopped pimiento, if desired
1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon softened butter until smooth. Add chicken, chives, salt, pepper, milk and pimiento; mix well.
- Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup of chicken mixture onto center of each rectangle. Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture; twist firmly. Pinch edges to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 4 sandwiches
*2 (5-ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained and flaked, can be substituted for cubed cooked chicken. Or, stop by the deli counter and pick up a 2 to 3 roasted chicken breasts.