with Ripe Avocado and Fresh Sprouts
Blue cheese-stuffed mini grilled beef burgers (also called sliders), topped with Monterey Jack cheese, avocado and sprouts, and served on mini Kaiser rolls.
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 pound lean ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 slices Monterey Jack cheese, cut into quarters
1/2 avocado, peeled and sliced into 8 sections
1/2 cup sprouts (alfalfa, bean, clover, sunflower)
8 mini Kaiser rolls
- Preheat grill.
- Take 1/2 ounce or 2 tablespoons of blue cheese and form into small ball, repeat until for a total of 8.
- Mix together ground beef, salt and black pepper. Divide ground beef mixture into eighths. Take one eighth of ground beef mixture and form a patty around the blue cheese ball. Repeat this process with the blue cheese and ground beef mixture, forming a total of eight servings.
- Grill over medium heat until desired doneness, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Top each cooked burger with 2 slices of Monterey Jack cheese, avocado slice and 1 tablespoon of sprouts.
- Serve on mini Kaiser rolls with desired condiments.
Makes 8 mini burgers.
Recipe provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.