Spicy Grilled Pork Burgers with Cool Dressing
Burgers don't have to be boring! These deluxe pork patties, packed with savory seasonings, are made extra-special with a tangy pineapple slaw topper. Serve with sweet potato chips or fries.
1 pound lean ground pork
4 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons horseradish
2 teaspoons steak sauce
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup creamy deli coleslaw
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
4 large sandwich buns, split and toasted
- In medium bowl mix together well the pork, onions, cilantro, garlic, horseradish, steak sauce and seasonings. Form into four patties, about 1/2-inch thick, set aside.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together coleslaw and drained pineapple, cover and chill.
- Grill pork patties directly over fire, about 5 minutes per side, until nicely browned.
- Serve on buns, topped with coleslaw mixture.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Pork Board.