Springtime Ham Sandwiches
Broiled, open-faced sandwiches on French bread with chopped ham, Swiss cheese and asparagus spears.
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder with parsley
1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
1 cup chopped cooked ham
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears, cooked
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder; spread on one side of each bread slice.
- Place bread on baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat source 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In bowl, mix ham, cheese, mayonnaise and wine.
- Layer bread slices with cooked asparagus spears and ham mixture.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and lightly browned.
Makes 6 servings.