Stacked Catalina Sandwich
A double-decker grilled sandwich with Thousand Island dressing, ham, corned beef and crumbled blue cheese.
3 slices day-old bread
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing - divided use
3 thin slices fully-cooked ham
3 thin slices cooked corned beef
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Wisconsin Blue cheese - divided use
- Butter one slice of bread and place face down on waxed paper. Spread top side with thousand island dressing. Next, layer ham and 2 tablespoons cheese on bread.
- Top ham and cheese with second bread slice that has been spread on both sides with thousand island dressing. Top this with layers of corned beef and the remaining cheese.
- Spread third slice of bread with thousand island dressing on one side, butter on the other. Place on top of sandwich, buttered side up.
- Grill in skillet over low heat for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut diagonally and serve warm.
Makes 1 serving; increase servings as desired.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.