A big, hot Italian-style steak and mozzarella cheese turnover made with bread dough. A great party sandwich.
1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 green pepper, sliced thin
2 onions, sliced thin
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Press thawed dough out on a lightly greased baking sheet to cover entire sheet.
- Sauté onions and peppers in butter and olive oil until tender and the onions are golden in color.
- Cook Steak-umms until brown, according to package directions, seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
- Place Steak-umms in middle of bread dough. Put onions and peppers on top. Sprinkle cheese on top of onions. Sprinkle the Italian dressing on top of cheese. Fold over bread dough and pinch ends.
- Bake in a 400°F (205°C) oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
*Available in your grocer's freezer section. (These are very thin frozen raw slices of beef.)