Swiss Country Cheesewich
Baked or broiled open-faced sandwiches on buttered sliced Vienna bread with asparagus, ham, Parmesan and Swiss cheeses.
1 (10-ounce) package frozen asparagus spears
6 slices (1/2 inch thick) Vienna or French bread
1/4 cup grated Wisconsin Parmesan cheese
6 think slices cooked ham
6 slices Wisconsin Swiss cheese
- Cook asparagus according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, spread bread with butter; sprinkle each slice with 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese.
- Roll a slice of ham around 3 to 4 asparagus spears. Place on bread.
- Cut Swiss cheese slices in half diagonally; cover each ham roll-up with two overlapping triangles. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 400°F (205°C) oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts; or broil 3 to 5 minutes until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.
- Garnish with sliced, pitted ripe olives, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.