Hot, open-faced sandwiches on French bread with butter-sautéed veggies and Swiss cheese.
1 loaf French bread
2 cups sliced broccoli
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
1 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 cups Wisconsin Swiss Cheese, thinly sliced
- Cut bread into fourths and split lengthwise.
- Sauté vegetables in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in soy sauce.
- Layer vegetables evenly on all faces of bread.
- Top each with Swiss cheese.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.