"Thank You Very Much" Pumpkin Peanut Butter Sandwich
Inspired by Elvis Presley's passion for peanut butter and banana sandwiches, this unique peanut butter sandwich is great for a quick anytime treat. In this version, pumpkin and peanut butter, two nutrition powerhouses, blend easily to create a spread without all the fat and calories of plain peanut butter. Simply spread the light and creamy pumpkin-peanut butter over whole wheat bread and cover with banana slices. Even your family will say "thank you very much"!
1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter (preferably natural-style)
4 slices whole wheat or white bread
1 medium banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Combine pumpkin and peanut butter in small bowl until well blended. Makes 1 cup.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pumpkin peanut butter spread on each slice. Top two slices with banana slices. Top each with second slice of bread to make sandwiches.
- Refrigerate leftover pumpkin peanut butter spread in tightly covered container for up to 5 days.
Makes 2 servings.
- Sandwiches can also be made with pita bread, English muffins or tortillas.
- The pumpkin peanut butter spread is also good on crackers or with celery sticks.
- Like a sweeter spread? Stir in a tablespoon (or to taste) of honey, maple syrup or light corn syrup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/2 of recipe): Calories: 290; Calories from Fat: 90; Total Fat: 10 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 370 mg; Carbohydrates: 45 g Dietary Fiber: 8 g; Sugars: 24 g; Protein: 10 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.