Turkey and Havarti Sandwich with Relish
This is also a great recipe for using leftover holiday turkey and cranberry relish to make a tasty sandwich.
1/2 cup cranberry and orange relish
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
8 slices rye bread, toasted
1/2 pound smoked turkey, thinly sliced
8 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Havarti cheese
4 fresh apricots or 8 dried apricots, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl stir together relish, mayonnaise, onions and horseradish.
- Spread each slice of toasted bread with relish.
- Top each of 4 slices of bread with turkey and 2 slices of Havarti.
- Place thin wedges of apricot on cheese.
- Top each sandwich with remaining bread.
- Cut sandwiches in half horizontally.
- Serve with remaining relish.
Makes 4 servings.