This tasty, open-faced hot turkey sandwich can be enjoyed year-round—and is also a great use for leftover holiday turkey and cranberry relish.
1 cup whole berry cranberry relish - divided use
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
8 thick slices rye bread
1 pound smoked turkey, thinly sliced
8 (1-ounce) slices Wisconsin Provolone Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup cranberry relish, mayonnaise, green onions and horseradish; mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 heaping tablespoon of cranberry-mayonnaise mixture.
- Top each with 2 ounces turkey and 1 slice provolone cheese.
- Place on buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, top with additional cranberry relish.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.