Turkey Roll-Up with Cranberry Chipotle Sauce
Recipe kindly provided by Chef Davidson Bettero of Sanctuary in Boston, Massachusetts.
Cranberry Chipotle Sauce:
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup red cranberry juice
1/8 chipotle pepper
8 (12-inch) soft whole wheat flour tortillas
1 1/2 pounds deli or oven roasted turkey breast, sliced very thin
1 pound applewood smoked bacon (cooked and well drained)
16 thin slices Havarti cheese
1 cup finely chopped green onions
- To Make Cranberry Chipotle Sauce: Place sauce ingredients in a food processor/blender and pulse to a smooth consistency. Cover, refrigerate until ready to assemble sandwich.
- To Assemble Sandwich:
- Warm each tortilla over low heat on a preheated grill for 30 seconds.
- Remove and layer 3 ounces turkey, 3 slices bacon, 2 slices Havarti and 2 tablespoons green onions atop each tortilla. Wrap tightly.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven until tortilla is warm throughout.
- Slice sandwich and serve with Cranberry Chipotle Sauce.
- Serve with leafy green salad, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Turkey Federation.