Easy baked crescent turnovers filled with a creamed mixture of leftover turkey and sautéed vegetables.
1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 cup chopped leftover cooked turkey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (8-count) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme in oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until onions are soft. Add flour and cook 1 minute or until well blended, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cream. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt and pepper.
- Remove crescent rolls from package. Flatten and separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations together to seal into four solid rectangles.
- Spoon about one fourth turkey mixture onto center of each rectangle. Fold into triangles. Press edges to seal in turkey mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.