Wrap-It-Up Alaska Salmon Sandwich
Nutrient-rich canned salmon, fresh vegetables, lettuce and chives wrapped in a tortilla make for a great lunch or quick and satisfying supper.
1 (14.75-ounce) can Alaska salmon, drained and chunked
1 (8-ounce) container whipped cream cheese, regular or light
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, or 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
4 (10-inch) large flour tortillas
4 large Romaine or curly lettuce leaves, center ribs removed
4 cups chopped or thinly sliced assorted fresh vegetables*
- In bowl, blend salmon, cream cheese, chives, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and pepper flakes.
- On each of 4 tortillas, divide and spread salmon-cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Lay a lettuce leaf over each tortilla.
- Top with one cup vegetables* (such as cucumbers, bean sprouts, tomato, celery, broccoli or shredded carrots or cabbage) placed across middle of tortilla.
- Roll up envelope style and slice on diagonal.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photo provided courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.