Classic giblet gravy to go with your Thanksgiving bird, stuffing and mashed potatoes.
Giblets and neck from 1 turkey
1 small onion, chopped
3 cups water
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon marjoram leaves
1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until giblets are fork-tender. Drain, reserving broth.
- Remove meat from neck; coarsely chop neck meat and giblets; set aside.
- Add water to reserved broth to equal 3 cups. combine broth, chopped neck meat, giblets and next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute.
- Serve gravy hot over turkey and dressing.
Makes 3 cups.