You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy this delicious gravy!
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons fresh sage
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat add oil, minced garlic and chopped onion. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Next add flour and soy sauce to make a paste.
- Gradually mix the broth into the paste, stirring constantly.
- Now over medium heat, bring the gravy to a boil.
- Season with sage and salt and pepper to taste.
Makes about 1 cup.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.