A jewel of the Pacific Northwest, this mild-flavored white fish, seasoned with a hint of anchovy, is prepared with the king of mushrooms and a savory vegetable mixture.
4 (12x18-inch) sheets heavy duty aluminum foil
4 (4 to 6-ounce) Alaska cod fillets, thawed if necessary
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
1 1/2 cups seeded and diced fresh tomatoes
1 (2.5-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 Portobello mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) or grill to medium-high.
- Center one Alaska cod fillet on each sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Spread anchovy paste over top of cod. Combine tomatoes, olives, onion, capers and garlic; set aside. Cut four thin slices off one mushroom; set slices aside.
- Chop remaining mushroom and combine with vegetables.
- Spoon one-fourth of chopped vegetable mixture over cod.
- Top each with one mushroom slice.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends
to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes on a baking sheet in oven or Grill for 9 to 11 minutes in covered grill.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.