Alaska Sole Baja Tacos
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
1/4 teaspoon wasabi paste
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
4 Alaska Sole fillets (4 to 6 ounces each), fresh, thawed or frozen
1/2 teaspoon olive, canola, peanut or grapeseed oil
8 (6 to 7-inch hard shell) white corn tortillas, heated
1 cup shredded Queso Asadero (large shred)
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and each sliced into eighths
2 cups shredded Napa or savoy cabbage
- Mix chili powder and allspice together in a small bowl; set aside. In separate bowl, combine tomatillo salsa, wasabi paste and corn; set aside.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Sole under cold water; pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of sole with oil. Place fillets in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn fillets over and season with chili powder and allspice. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 4 to 6 minutes for frozen sole or 2 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- To serve, divide fish among tortillas. Top with 2 tablespoons cheese, 2 avocado slices, 1/4 cup cabbage and 3 tablespoon salsa mixture.
Makes 8 servings.
Tip: Alaska Crab is already fully cooked, so thawed crab legs may be shelled without steaming or boiling.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 622; Total Fat: 33g; Saturated Fat: 18g; Total Carbs: 40g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 42g; Sodium: 1130mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.