Bacon Cod Kabobs
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
1 pound Alaskan cod, cut into chunks
12 slices bacon, halved horizontally
4 green onions, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
8 cherry tomatoes
1 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 (10-inch) skewers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place bacon on paper towel lined plate; microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes to render fat.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each seafood chunk.
- For each kabob, alternately skewer 6 chunks with 1 sliced green onion and 2 cherry tomatoes onto a 10-inch skewer.
- Mix together bread crumbs, paprika and pepper on a pie plate. Roll each kabob in crumb mixture to coat completely.
- Grill 4-inch from heat source for 10 minutes per inch of thickness of fish or until just done and center flakes with a fork and bacon is crisp, turning occasionally.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.