Baked Bay Scallops
A simple, yet deliciously elegant dish of baked bay scallops.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
6 garlic cloves, crushed (or as desired)
2 tablespoons finely minced onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup white wine or sherry
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons diced onion
1 1/2 pounds fresh bay scallops
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- Combine the softened butter, bread crumbs, garlic, minced onion, parsley, wine, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Chill until mixture is firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Grease shallow baking dish or au gratin pan; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and sauté until soft, but not browned. Add scallops, mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste and sauté briefly. Drain off liquid.
- Arrange scallop mixture in prepared dish. Slice garlic butter and arrange evenly over scallops.
- Bake until butter is hot and bubbly, about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Scallops can also be broiled. Place about 3-inches from heat and broil until bubbly, about 3 to 5 minutes.