Scallops are baked in butter, topped with a mixture of coarsely chopped mushrooms, fresh parsley and bread crumbs and drizzled with white wine or lemon juice.
2 pounds scallops
1/4 pound mushrooms, chopped coarsely
4 sprigs parsley, chopped fine
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon white wine or fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Wash scallops; drain. (If sea scallops are used, cut in quarters.)
- Combine mushrooms, parsley, bread crumbs, salt and pepper together.
- Spread scallops in a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Evenly pour melted butter over scallops and sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top.
- Drizzle the white wine or lemon juice over scallop mixture.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.