Baked Herring Fillets with Fennel and Coriander
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 pound herring fillets
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1/2 of a small red onion, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander (cilantro)
Pinch brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lay the fish onto a large square of baking parchment or foil.
- Add the fennel, onion, oil, seasoning, vinegar, coriander and sugar.
- Fold the baking parchment or foil to make a parcel and place onto a baking tray.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes and serve with potato salad, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 290; Total Fat: 23g; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 21g.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.