Bengal Fish Curry
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
4 (6-ounce) cod, amberJack or coley fillet, cubed
4 teaspoon corn flour (cornstarch)
1 tablespoon curry powder
3 tablespoons Bengal hot mango chutney
1 fish or chicken stock (bouillon) cube
1 1/4 cups boiling water
1/2 green pepper, cut into rings
Fresh chopped coriander (cilantro), for garnish
- Mix together the corn flour, curry powder, mango chutney and fish stock cube in a heatproof jug.
- Gradually add the hot water, stirring until smooth.
- Cook uncovered in the microwave* on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Place the fish in a suitable dish, top with the sliced peppers and pour the sauce over the fish.
- Cover and return to the microwave and cook on HIGH for a further 3 minutes, stirring sauce half way through the cooking time.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving with wild and basmati rice and naan bread.
- Garnish with coriander.
Makes 6 servings.
*Microwave Power: 800 Watts.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.