Carbonara Smoked Fish and Tagliatelle
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 pound smoked cod or haddock fillet, skinned and cubed
1 (10-ounce) jar carbonara sauce
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
3 green onions, chopped
4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 (9-ounce) package fresh tagliatelle
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the carbonara sauce in a pan for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cubed fish and mustard. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan. Add mushrooms and green onions. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cooked tagliatelle, fish and sauce mixture, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.