Char-Grilled Florida Mahi-Mahi with Vegetables
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
4 (6-ounce) mahi-mahi fillets
16 fresh okra pods
2 zucchinis, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
2 large yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
2 bell peppers, sliced large
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
12 grape tomatoes, for garnish
4 sprigs fresh Florida basil for garnish
- Preheat charcoal or gas grill to medium-high.
- Add all the vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and seasoning blend to the sliced vegetables and mix lightly until coated. Lightly season the mahi-mahi fillets with salt and pepper. Carefully place the seasoned vegetables and fish on the hot grill. The vegetables should cook rather quickly; keep checking the underside of the vegetables for grill marks.
- Flip over the vegetables and continue to work the grilling surface by moving the vegetables around to the hot spot for even cooking. The vegetables should have nice char-grill marks on them and the texture should be crisp-tender. Remove the vegetables from the grill as they become your desired doneness.
- Grill fillets over medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- To Serve: Arrange an even amount of grilled vegetables on each plate. Add a fish fillet on top of the grilled vegetables. Garnish with grape tomatoes and fresh herbs.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.