Cheesy Cod Parcels
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
4 (6-ounce) chunky cod, haddock or coley fillets, skinned
1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry, fresh or defrosted
Rind of 1 lemon
Rind of 1 lime
1 (3.5-ounce) packet of goat cheese with herbs, sliced into 4
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Milk or beaten egg for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out pastry to a 14x16-inch rectangle. Cut into 4.
- Place citrus rind in the middle of each piece of pastry. Top with cheese, season and place fish skinned side up on top.
- Brush the edge of the pastry with milk or egg.
- Fold over the pastry, sealing edges to form a parcel.
- Turn over and place the parcels, sealed edges down, onto on a greased baking tray (sheet). Make a small cut into the pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with milk or egg. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.