Cheesy Topped Fish
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
4 (6-ounce) thick haddock or other mild white fish fillets
1 tablespoon butter
1 (3-ounce) package low-fat cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
4 green onions, finely chopped
2 ounces double Gloucester cheese, grated
4 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Watercress for garnish (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place fillets on a greased broil pan. Season and dot with butter. Broil under a moderate heat for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, mustard, spring onions and Gloucester cheese together in a small bowl.
- Arrange tomato slices over fish. Spread the fromage frais (cream cheese) mixture over fish.
- Return to the broiler and continue to cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, until fish is cooked through and the cheese mixture has turned golden brown.
- Serve with a mixed salad and crusty French bread.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.