Citrus Salmon with Roasted Green Beans
A complete meal that's ready in less than 20 minutes and fancy enough to serve to guests.
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons molasses
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups water
2 cups quick-cooking rice
4 (4-ounce) salmon steaks or fillets
3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, molasses, olive oil and pepper. Whisk well and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice and remove from heat. Let stand covered while salmon cooks, about 7 minutes.
- Place salmon, skin-side down on a shallow, broiler-safe pan. Brush liberally with reserved marinade. Toss green beans with remaining marinade and place around salmon.
- Broil 6 inches from heat until salmon is crisp on top and flakes with a fork and green beans are slightly blistered and tender.
- Remove from broiler and sprinkle salmon immediately with orange juice. Serve salmon over warm rice.
Makes 4 servings.