Clams with Red Peppers and Pasta
Recipe courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.
3 dozen fresh clams
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
2 large red bell peppers, diced
1/2 teaspoon each fresh rosemary and thyme, chopped
- Scrub clams, cover them with water and vinegar. Let stand 30 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In large skillet, sauté garlic and Tabasco sauce in olive oil and butter for several minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and clams. Cover skillet; simmer 8 to 10 minutes until clams open. Discard clams that do not open.
- Serve over cooked linguine.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of National Fisheries Institute.