Creamy Crab Stuffed Shells
Recipe courtesy of Virginia Marine Products Board.
24 to 30 jumbo pasta shells
12 ounces crab meat
1 tablespoon green peppers,finely chopped
1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoon margarine - divided use
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Old Bay® seasoning
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons skim milk - divided use
1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté green pepper and onion in 1 tablespoon melted margarine until tender.
- Combine the crab meat, spices, egg, 2 tablespoons milk, vegetables and mayonnaise. Spoon mixture into shells.
- Spray the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Place stuffed shells in dish in a single layer.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of margarine in saucepan. Over low flame, stir in flour with a wire whisk and gradually add remaining 1 1/2 cups of milk. When sauce is smooth, stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle sauce over shells. Sprinkle top with Old Bay seasoning. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbling.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Virginia Marine Products Board.