Creamy Lobster Medallions with Wild Rice
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
1 1/2 cup wild rice, uncooked
2 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup Florida carrots, chopped
1/2 cup Florida celery, chopped
1 cup Florida green onion, chopped
1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
1/2 cup sherry
1/4 cup butter
Hot pepper sauce to taste
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 pounds Florida lobster meat, cooked and sliced
- Prepare wild rice per package instructions.
- While rice is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan and sauté the carrots, celery and green onion for 3 or 4 minutes Stir sautéed vegetables into cooked wild rice. Set aside.
- Combine soup, sherry, butter, and seasonings in a double boiler and heat thoroughly. If sauce gets too thick, add more sherry.
- Add lobster meat and stir until heated through.
- To Serve: On individual plates, arrange lobster slices on wild rice and spoon sauce over. Serve remaining sauce separately.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 481; Calories From Fat: 144; Cholesterol: 129mg; Total Carbs: 47g; Protein: 35g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.