Crisp Fish Carbonara
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 pound skate, cod or haddock fillets, skinned and cubed
1 jar ready-prepared carbonara sauce
8 ounces pasta shapes, cooked
2 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and heat for 3 minutes. Add the fish and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the bread crumbs until golden brown. Remove from the heat and add the parsley and Parmesan.
- Mix together the pasta and sauce and serve sprinkled with the bread crumb mixture.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve with tomato and onion salad.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 273; Total Fat: 7g; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 26g.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.