Crispy Bread Topped Fish Pie
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 pound coley or haddock fillet, skinned
8 ounces cooked, peeled prawns
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cups cheese sauce
7 ounces can sweet corn
bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
5 slices bread
2 teaspoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and mushrooms. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cheese sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until hot. Add the fish, prawns, sweet corn, herbs and seasoning.
- Spread the bread slices with butter and cut into triangles.
- Spoon the fish mixture into an (2 pints) oven-proof dish. Arrange the bread triangles on top.
- Cook uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with a crisp, green salad.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.