Crunchy Topped Cod
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
4 (6-ounce) cod or coley steaks
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup wholemeal (whole grain) bread crumbs, toasted
2 ounces butter or margarine
4 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove center bones from each of the cod steaks.
- Sprinkle the steaks with lemon juice and place in an oven-proof dish.
- Mix the bread crumbs, butter or margarine, mustard and seasoning together and spoon over the fish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.